Sunday, January 27, 2013

     Most Christians that I have listened to, entertain this immense logical fallacy within their stated beliefs, one which cries out to the wilderness for resolution.  But human beings have evidently a limitless capacity to deceive themselves when it is convenient to do so, and so everything proceeds as if all is well.

     Most Christians claim that they believe that God created the entire universe and everything in it.  Most Christians claim that He is all-powerful and all-knowing.  Many also claim that He knows everything about what is to come.

     But then, they turn around and staunchly state their belief in the Devil (never mind that nearly everything they believe about Satan originated in the mind and poetry of John Milton, some 14 centuries after everything in the Bible was codified and set in stone; we can discuss that another time.) and they name the Devil as the enemy and the source of evil and usually the perpetrator of all evil .... which reduces to a belief that there is such a thing as evil, that there exist  bad ideas,  bad actions and many easily induce that therefore there are bad people.

     The fallacy is glaringly obvious, is it not?  Is God in control?  Diod He create everything?  Then where did this devil fellow come from?  and how can he do all the things attributed to him, unless God actually chooses and wants for him to do so?

     I have my own answers for all of this .... God's been more than patient with me in working them out and leading to udnerstandings which do not require any such paradoxes and hypocrises, because for some reason I can't function that way, I won't tolerate lying to myself, I cannot live with that kind of internal conflict.  How you all do it is beyond me.

God bless .....

No comments: