Sunday, October 7, 2012

okay, the coming presidential election

Given recent actions and statements from the federal reserve, it matters not a tinkers damn who wins this election. but I like this line: "They are both telling half-lies all the time now. Politicians who lie are hiding the truth. But these guys have forgotten where they even put it."

I have been reading a book entitled "Ishmael" by Daniel Quinn ....its a cute premise encapsulating dynamite conclusions.  He basically divides the entire philosophy/religion/metaphysics debate into two camps, the leavers and the takers (shades of Ayn Rand??????) and he makes a damn good case that the takers are hurtling towards self-destruction.  It gets deep, he identifies Cain, the one who adopted agriculture and hence, a stable residence, as the first taker and Able, the hunter/gatherer, as the first leaver, and the mark of Cain is that of white skin ..... something I have thought privately myself but never dared to say to anyone .... it was published in 1992....

You don't have to agree with everything he says but you really ought to entertain his line of thinking ....

Yesterday I was looking at all the babies and very pregnant women attending our local town fair, yesterday, and silently wondering to myself what odds I would give that any of them reach adulthood. Maybe on in ten. Maybe ....but I doubt it .....

No comments: